Rent The McIvor Getaway which was built in 2010, and is a*4 bedroom, 2 bath cottage nestled on a beautiful private lot in the North Bruce Peninsula. Located on the Lake Huron side of the Peninsula known for its captivating sunsets and beautiful sandy beaches. Walk 2 short minutes to beautiful water access on Lake Huron – sandy beach, launch a canoe, or just grab a nap by the water! Whether you are looking for a get away with the kids or a romantic escape with a loved one, the modern all season The McIvor Getaway has a little something for everyone. OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND!
Located 3 hours Northwest of Toronto or 2 1/2 hours from Kitchener/Waterloo. Don’t fight Hwy traffic when you can enjoy a relaxing drive through some of Ontario beautiful little communities.
Book The McIvor Getaway today!
The McIvor Getaway
- Available during all 4 Seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
- 4 Bedroom / 2 Bath – Sleeps up to 10 ( 4 Queen beds + air mattresses)
- Built to R2000 Energy efficiency standards
- Rustic maple hardwood flooring throughout – large area in the basement for the kids to play should the weather not be too promising
- Large propane fireplace
- Bell Satellite TV with VCR and DVD player; HMDI and AV connections for game consoles/other
- Vaulted Ceiling, complete with pot lights
- Large 48′ wide front porch; large 16′ x 16′ back deck perfect for enjoying an afternoon in the sun or a card game under the stars.
- Large deck off kitchen – complete with propane bbq
- Modern design throughout – complete with Walnut kitchen cabinets and comfortable leather furniture
- Foosball and Ping Pong tables in the basement
- Gorgeous Travertine Scabos French pattern flooring
- Large fire pit for evening entertainment or keeping warm under the glowing stars of the Peninsula
- Fridge, Stove, microwave, coffee maker
- Bikes and helmets
- For the kids: DVD movies, puzzles, colouring books, crayons, board games
- For the Adults: DVD movies, crosswords, Sudoku puzzles, board games
- Area literature, magazines, trail information, things to do, local coupons – information on everything the Bruce has to offer.
Miller Lake - Tobermory - Lions Head
- Beautiful sandy beach within a 2 minute walk – breath taking sunsets and absolutely crystal clean water;
- Water access is perfect for kayaking, canoeing, and fishing
- Lots of great restaurants and additional amenities close by
- 15 minute drive to the Village of Tobermory or 13 minutes to downtown Lion’s Head – groceries, banks, medical, liquor/beer stores
- 10 minute drive to Cyprus Lake National Park or Singing Sands National Park
- Restaurants within a 5 minute drive
- Boat Charters, fishing, swimming, scuba diving, snowmobiling, atv’ing, cross-country skiing, nature watching
- Bruce Peninsula Snowmobiling tail within 2 minutes from property
Cottage Prices for 2018
Sep 3 to Jun 3
Jun 3 to Jul 8
Jul 8 to Sept 2
Sept 11 – June 14
$ 725 / 3-day/2nights weekend
(May long weekend – $850 – Check-in Friday 3pm – check-out Monday 11am)
Note: We typically don’t rent weekends during July and August; however, we do have weekends that come available last minute and we can usually provide you with two weeks notice – cost for a July/August weekend is $725 – Friday-Sunday.
How to Secure Your Booking
Once your signed application and terms of conditions are received we will provide you with deposit details for your stay. A 25% deposit is required in order to secure your week(end) – this can be made via email transfer, cheque, PayPal or cash. The remaining 75% will be due and payable 30 days prior to your stay.
Please note a $500 security deposit is required 30 business days in advance of arriving for your Week/Weekend stay if paying by cheque OR 5 days in advance if paying by email transfer. Deposits can be made through cheque, cash, electronic funds transfer (email), or paypal and will be returned within up to 15 days after your stay. Please note our cleaning and maintenance staff have to provide a detailed review of the cottage for any damage, cleaning concerns or garbage left after your stay.
Paying for your Cottage Rental
a) Bookings shall be confirmed in writing after receipt of the Security deposit
b) Receipt of any deposit prior to the Company’s written confirmation of the reservation shall not constitute acceptance of any booking.
c) The balance shall be payable 30 days prior to the commencement of the your stay
d) All payments shall be made as stated at the top of the application form, by cheque, money order,cash, or electronic funds transfer.
e) All payments made within 20 days of occupancy must be made by certified cheque, electronic funds transfer (email, wire), or by cash.